Our mission is to bring hope, help and healing in the Middle East. Our focus is on vulnerable and persecuted minorities. Our motivation is Christian compassion. Our objective is to strengthen and empower those in need.
We empower refugees and other vulnerable groups as a Christian relief and development organisation. One of our strengths is that we are deeply involved with communities in the Middle East. We listen a lot. And then we respond.
Our listening and our years of experience on the ground in Iraq and Jordan has led us to develop the following strategic vision. Our mission is to bring hope, help and healing in the Middle East.
Together with our donors and supporters we are expressing Christian compassion to some of the most vulnerable people in our world. In doing so we echo the words of the Apostle Paul “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” (1 Corinthians 13:13)
By 2024 our ambitions are:
12,000 Iraqi Christian refugees supported in Jordan
There is a growing need for our relief and empowerment work. We hope to expand our capacity from the 2020 level of 7,700 people supported each year.
4 new Olive Tree Centres
Our first Olive Tree Centre in Madaba, Jordan supports hundreds of Christian refugees with a range of educational, therapeutic and empowerment programmes. In partnership with local Jordanian churches, we will enable new Centres and greatly expand their impact.
2,000 beneficiaries of our Nineveh SEED Development Programme
Partnering with Iraqi NGO’s we’ve already provided new business and job-creation projects on the Nineveh Plain. We hope to complete a further 35-45 projects in the three years to 2024.
1,000 refugees through advocacy support
Refugees often find themselves in a state of limbo, unable to find a sustainable future for themselves and their families. We are developing a pioneering new programme to advocate for their needs, including healthcare, education and applications for asylum in other countries.
Help us achieve these goals
A regular donation will help us achieve these ambitious goals and bring hope, help and healing in the Middle East
How we work
- Listening builds empathy.
- We learn from those we seek to support.
- Listening is the first step on the peace-building journey.
- We advocate for peaceful co-existence and religious tolerance in the Middle East.
- We give a voice to the marginalised, vulnerable and oppressed.
- We challenge those who work against freedom, truth and justice.
- By recruiting indigenous team members and volunteers we ensure we are rooted and connected with local communities.
- We target support to the vulnerable and disadvantaged by providing resources to help individuals and communities flourish.
- We encourage and facilitate communities to engage in peace-building.
We ensure robust working practices
- Mosaic Middle East has staff on the ground monitoring the implementation of all our programmes and projects.
- We only partner with reputable and trustworthy NGOs and International NGOs where there is clear synergy in objectives and ethos.
- We insist upon rigorous financial scrutiny and accountability in all funded projects.