Our policy (together with any other documents referred to in this policy) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting mosaicmiddleeast.org and any subsites you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of Data Protection Regulations or Law, the data controller is The Chief Executive of Mosaic Middle East, also known as the Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East (registered charity number 1133576 and registered Company Number 06598173). If you have any questions about it, please contact our nominated representative at PO Box 229, Petersfield. Hampshire GU32 9DL United Kingdom; [email protected], or telephone 01730 267 673.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or making donations through our website mosaicmiddleeast.org and our social media sites or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our services, (suchas publications, sponsorship events/applications and email newsletters), make a donation to us and when you report a problem with our site. It also includes information you provide when completing legacy forms. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card, or gift aid information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information;
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; pages response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our office/s;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or other services we provide. We are also working closely with other third parties (including for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers,) and may receive information about you from them.
- Other Sources: We may also collect your personal data when you apply for job with us to process job applications and to monitor recruitment statistics.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts, charitable services or charitable giving entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, including to process donations to the relevant registered charity and for Gift Aid purposes;
- for fundraising purposes – please see our Supporter Pledge below;
- to provide you with information about Mosaic Middle East and its campaigns;
- for administrative purposes;
- for internal record keeping and to manage feedback and complaints;
- to provide you with information about Mosaic Middle East and how you can support us. This may include communications through the post or by email or we may serve fundraising messages to you through social media, such as your Facebook account or through online display ads. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact our Office by post to PO Box 229, Petersfield. Hampshire GU32 9DL United Kingdom; [email protected], or telephone 01730 267 673;
- to notify you about changes to our charitable services; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site;
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, donor profiling/matching, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising about Mosaic Middle East that we provide to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about our charitable projects and services that may interest you or them.
- process donations you give us, or support your fundraising for us, including Gift Aid.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information you give us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Where data is stored
All information you provide to us is stored securely. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transaction of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transaction is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and appropriate security controls to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Any credit card details we receive through our website are passed securely to our partners who are compliant with Payment Card Industry Security Standards to fulfil and process donations.
- Statistical analytics as the fundamental means of being able to tell one user from another;
- Social media marketing;
Our Supporter Pledge
Our supporters literally keep our charitable work going and are greatly valued by us. We want to make sure that we make it easy and rewarding for the public to support this work. We would never want our supporters to feel that we take them for granted. All support given to MOSAIC MIDDLE EAST is appreciated. In all of our fundraising, we want to ensure our supporters do not feel used, or over-burdened or unappreciated. We aim therefore to keep you informed about our work but also to fully respect your right to limit or prevent our communication with you for these or any other purposes.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you or fulfilment of any donation provided by you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and send relevant adverts about MOSAIC MIDDLE EAST to you and others. We may use such aggregate information to help advertisers analyse our advertising and to reach the kind of audience we want to target. We may make use of personal data we have collected from you to enable us to display MOSAIC MIDDLE EAST advertisements to that target audience; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may also disclose your information to third parties:
- In some circumstances we may be obliged to disclose information or undertake more detailed monitoring under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 or Freedom of Information Act 2000 as amended.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for our marketing of MOSAIC MIDDLE EAST information and literature. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting our Office by post to PO Box 229, Petersfield. Hampshire GU32 9DL United Kingdom; [email protected], or telephone 01730 267 673.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information:
Data Protection Regulations or Law give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with Data Protection Regulations and Law. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you have any questions about this policy please do contact us via email: [email protected]