Jasmine lived in the Christian village of Karamles in northern Iraq. Just after midnight, ISIS arrived, and her life turned upside down. Jasmine, her sisters and her widowed mother left in a hurry with few possessions.
“It was late, and we were terrified.”
Becoming a sponsor helps to spread Christian love and compassion, blessing refugees, their communities and blessing you.
Refugees are blessed with:
- Life-giving food, healthcare and medicines
- An education, books and school supplies for their children
- English classes and skills training to give them a better future
- Empowering community and therapeutic activities
- Trauma counselling to help heal their pain
- Livelihood projects that rebuild communities and create jobs
- A voice to speak up and fight for their passage to a better future
- Knowing someone loves them and wants them to succeed
- Hope for a better life
You are blessed with:
- The knowledge that YOU are bringing hope, help and healing to a refugee and their community
- A welcome pack introducing you to a refugee and their community
- The opportunity to communicate directly with the refugees you are helping
- Stories, photos and updates on the refugees and communities you are helping
- Reports on how your sponsorship is making a difference
Your sponsorship equips refugees and their families with the basics of life – food, a safe place to stay, healthcare, trauma counselling and education. But it brings so much more – it empowers them and gives them hope and confidence for their future. One refugee told us "It makes us feel that there are good people in this world trying to support us".
Your donation of £25 per month is pooled with other sponsors to meet the specific needs of refugee communities in Jordan and northern Iraq in the following key areas: